Wowzio Panoramic Slideshow

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Planning for Hawaii

Whenever I travel, I usually prefer to plan in advance. I don't plan for something to do during every minute of the trip or even every day. However, I do like to book activities in advance and plan for something to do at least every other day. If I don't plan, then I waste too much precious vacation time trying to decide what to do.

Hawaii is so far from where I live that I wouldn't want to visit for less than 12 days. The time zone difference and flight time make a short trip to Hawaii undesirable to me. The last time I went to Hawaii, I was there for 15 nights. I usually like to visit two islands. Next year, I want to visit Kauai and Maui. Last time, I went to the Big Island and Maui. Before that, I went to Oahu and Maui.

For me, planning includes reading hotel, condo, restaurant, and activity reviews. My favorite web site for planning is Tripadvisor.com. In addition reviews, many people post trip reports on the discussion boards detailing everything they did during their Hawaii vacation. The trip reports are especially great for deciding how to spend your time.

My first decision is usually where I will stay during the trip. Then, I book activities. Booking activities in advance is good because some of the most popular activities and shows with the best vendors are sold out in advance or for your preferred date. By booking in advance, I am guaranteed that I will be able to do what I want when I want.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: